Update: lately I've been adding a light sprinkling of my original rub* to the top side of the bacon just before it goes into the smoker and the flavor gets a big boost from this. Size matters. I spend my life cooking – mostly slow-smoked barbecue. I will say the coating took longer to harden and really needed the extra time in the heat. Apply a … When ready to cook, start the Traeger on Smoke with the lid open until a fire is established (4-5 minutes). Regardless, … Thin Blue LLC/Smoking-Meat.com © 2004-2021 All rights reserved. Bourbon Pig Candy, a beautiful candied bacon recipe with brown sugar and a touch of bourbon whiskey! I really enjoy your website but can’t seem to find your app for my new iPad. Not overly sweet, doesn’t cover over the smoke flavor. Lobster. Note: if you do not want to use bourbon for some reason, you can use Dr. Pepper in the same quantity and leave out the honey since there is additional sweetness in the soda. Would you believe they were paying over $70 for three-quarter pound bags? What could possibly be better than candy made of pig? Flip the bacon over and glaze the bottom side. If you enjoy the newsletter and would like to do something helpful, then.. Thighs -Darwyn B. It's easier to cut while it is in the plastic packaging Apply a medium coat of SYD All Purpose Rub on all sides. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Mix brown sugar, cayenne (optional), and black pepper together in a medium bowl. Leg/Drumstick Thanks so much for watching! A few hours later I had the finished product. It also includes a complete, step-by-step tutorial for making your own smoked “streaky” bacon using a 100 year old brine recipe. Now that's a bargain and you know it. i am thinking about using pellets in my smokey mountain smoker instead of chips or chunks. Close the smoker door and once again set the timer for 30 minutes. I will substituting with monk fruit golden sweetener, sugar free maple syrup and sugar free imitation honey. If you can do this, go for it. Your email address will not be published. Add the following ingredients to a small mixing bowl: Mix it up real well and if you want it to be a little more thin, you can add an extra tablespoon or two of bourbon (can't go wrong there). Quarter Hi Jeff, However, we didn't win last year and had to step up our game! Recipe: Smoked Pig Candy sweet bacon. As it cools the bacon and glaze hardens and it becomes more and more difficult to remove from the racks. I’ve made this a few times for my coworkers. Brush each bacon slice with maple syrup. I will say we have won a great percent of the time over the past 15 years so we are not novices by any means. Burnt Ends From now on I will use the brand that has the wiener mobiles running around the country.i will have about 4 batches with me when we travel later this year. Lamb Chops Fixed this tonight using Killer Hogs Rub and brown sugar. That includes the rub recipe. Steak Storage: . Once again using a long handled silicone brush, open the smoker door or lid and quickly brush a layer of glaze onto the top side of the bacon. London Broil Sprinkle 2/3 of the brown sugar mixture on top of the … A few weeks ago I chopped up some bacon candy and added it to some spicy buffalo nuts that I got from Cassie at Bake Your Day. You decide you don't like the recipes.. you don't pay! Shrimp I know it will make an inferior product but that is a part of comprimise. This recipe is a keeper and easy to make. Turn temperature to 350 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes. Smoking Meat: The Essential Guide to Real Barbecue – The book is full of recipes and contains tons of helpful information as well. I also made a batch of the barbeque sauce that we used on the brisket as well as some chicken. Her recipe for those are here. Prepare the brown sugar and cayenne pepper topping. Short Ribs Because if you know me, you know … Breast After you’ve coated all of the bacon pieces, let them rest in the bowl while you get your smoker going. I recommend this recipe to anybody. The last time I wrote about smoked pig candy I simply used my original rub (Purchase formula here | Purchase bottled rub)and brown sugar on the outside as a dry mixture. I am going to try this with one big exception. Spare Ribs https://www.deepsouthdish.com/2009/01/pig-candy-aka-brown-sugar-bacon.ht… Despite their distasteful name smoked pork belly burnt ends are moist, juicy tender bites of “meat candy” that practically melt in your mouth. Back Ribs We have an annual rib fest competition at the lake every 4th of July. Made this twice now and it was fantastic both times. Turned out great. Bacon, the underdog that has gone crazy popular. I’ve made your rub SF too. any thoughts? -Susan T. Thank you for the great advice. It’s a simple technique that is guaranteed to drive your friends and family bacon-crazy. You'll love this stuff and I dare you to try and eat just one piece! This recipe … Also how long will it last or maintain edibility before considered spoiled? I made the recipe last week using all low carb products. All Turkey I have found using erythritol produces give the best results. I decided to break mine up after I removed them all from the rack to make them easier to eat  <= not true, They broke into pieces as I was removing them from the rack so, with great optimism, I decided that was the best way to eat them  <= true. The last time I wrote about this I simply used my rub and brown sugar on the outside as a dry mixture. -Peter S. Love the original rib rub and sauce! Note: I like to reduce cleanup as much as possible.. not sure if that means I'm working smart or if I'm really lazy but cleanup is not my favorite part of this process and I work hard to reduce and even eliminate it wherever I can. Sprinkle 2/3 of the brown sugar … I followed his burnt ends recipe to the letter and my neighbors thought I was some master chef! Pork Sirloin, Chicken Jeff, Smoke, Wood, Fire: The Advanced Guide to Smoking Meat – Unlike the first book, this book does not focus on recipes but rather uses every square inch of every page teaching you how to smoke meat. I did do this last batch with an off brand of bacon and I won’t use it again. Family loved it! Pig candy is basically sugar coated bacon cooked on a smoker. Tried the pig candy recipe I received on my e-mail newsletter today. I highly recommend it. Set your smoker to 350f, place your cookies on a non greased pan and cook for 10 min or until the edges start to darken and the dough no longer appears wet. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cayenne pepper. I will be using the bourbon. Well, I’m on my fourth batch and loving it. I do not recommend using a cookie sheet since it's important that the smoke can get to the bacon from all sides. Food And Drink. Sirloin Tip Leg of Lamb Thanks Jeff! It makes perfect candy bacon strips that make pig candy. Place the bacon slices in a single layer on a large disposable, perforated aluminum pan. You'll love this stuff and I dare you to try and eat just one piece! You'll love this pig candy with bourbon. The bacon candy … No, it’s not candy for pigs, it’s candy made from pigs. I can’t believe I just said that. Can't wait to do a beef brisket. Place the brown sugar in a shallow dish. Summary. Yummmm! Clean Eating Recipes. Jun 14, 2018 - Smoked bacon candy doesn't need much introduction and there's not a better marriage of foods than what happens when you combine sweet maple syrup and bacon. This time I made a glaze from bourbon, brown sugar, maple syrup and of course, my original rub, to give it a kick in the pants. Lay bacon strips on a wire rack set inside a foil-lined baking sheet. Pork Belly The bacon will cook this way for about 45 minutes.. if you are running a little less than 250°F you will want to give it a few extra minutes and leave it in there about 1 hour. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. -Charles W. Love the sauce and rub recipes. Press both sides of each bacon strip into the sugar mixture until coated and then arrange … So far I have used them on beef ribs, pork ribs, and different chicken parts. Fatty, All Pork Traditionally salmon candy is cold smoked for several days. I recently purchased both recipes. All Beef Cook for 20 minutes at 300-350°F. If you are able to get them off in whole strips then you can decide if you like them better that way. Recipe: Smoked Sweet and Spicy Chex Party Mix. Oysters I laid the racks of bacon right on the smoker grates and then placed a throw-away foil pan under the racks of a bacon on a lower shelf to catch the bacon drippings and the glaze. Smokey, salty, spicy, sweet: yes please! Mix the brown sugar, chile powder, black pepper and cayenne together and spread out on a large plate. I know once you try it you will make it again and again its that good. How to make pig candy - candied bacon recipe. Gently press 12 to 14 slices of applewood-smoked bacon (not thick-cut) into the sugar until mostly coated. With more than 1000 reviews on Amazon.com and a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars, it comes highly recommended and is a Bestseller in Barbecuing & Grilling books on Amazon. Nov 11, 2015 - Smoked Pig candy is nothing new but it does take things up about 5000 notches when you make it in the smoker. Pulled Pork Brisket Some have even said that “no smoker should be without this book”! We all love pork belly burnt ends, the cubed, smoked pork is pretty … Smoked Pig Candy Recipe. Working with one piece at a time, dredge the bacon in the … Bacon candy is great as a snack all on its own. Explore. Once you order, there'll be no more recipe ads in the. No worries! And.. be sure to save some of the smaller pieces for that big bowl of ice cream I know you've been contemplating! Used your rub and sauce. I'm looking forward to trying the Texas style rub in the near future! The next time you decide to order something at Amazon.com, use THIS LINK to get there and we'll get a small commission off of what you purchase. Your email address will not be published. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Here's a video I made on how to make bacon candy.. it's a slightly different recipe but same delicious result! Meatloaf -Michelle M. I tried the rub on a beef brisket and some beef ribs the other day and our entire family enjoyed it tremendously. Brown sugar is the most popular sweetener used to "candy" the bacon, but some recipes call for maple syrup, granulated sugar or caramel instead. Tried the bacon today. Chuck Blount is … CS Ribs Using a long handled silicone brush, open the door and quickly brush a layer of glaze onto the top side of the bacon. Pork fat + sugar = a winning combination in my book. Picnic It is also awesome chopped and added into other things. Standard | Smoking Times and Temperatures, Cherry Smoked Pig Candy with Bourbon – Bacon Nirvana, (or more) of original or thick sliced bacon, No big words-- just clear instructions and how-to images, 1 lb (or more) of original or thick sliced bacon. There’s not many ways to improve a piece of delicious bacon, but I know one way that is sure fire every time. Last week, I brought this to the office to sell in a fund raiser. Burgers Required fields are marked *. Of course. Pork Steak Pig candy is nothing new but it does take things up about 5000 notches when you make it in the smoker. Chuck Roast Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I was not quick enough.. be faster than me and you should be ok. Note: if you do not want to use bourbon for some reason, you can use Dr Pepper in the same quantity and leave out the honey since there is additional sweetness in the soda. Combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, hot sauce, and cayenne in a small bowl. While the smoker is coming up to temperature or preheating, go inside and get the bacon out of the package and ready to cook. Chops Once the bacon has been cooking for about 45-60 minutes, it is time to start brushing on the glaze. In 30 minutes you’ll have a bowl of kitsch bar snacks that are just as delicious with a rich red … If you have issues with them breaking up, it's still ok to serve them as pieces. Procedure. Close the smoker door and set a timer for 30 minutes. Thanks Jeff for the great recipes. Second batch is in the smoker now. Lay bacon strips on a wire rack set inside a foil-lined baking sheet. Make the Glaze Please understand that this is how I support the newsletter, the website and all of the other stuff that we do here to promote the art of smoking meat. 3lb of Thick Sliced Smoked Bacon (Wright brand is what I use) ½ Cup Brown Sugar ¼ Cup Bbq Rub (The BBQ Rub. I have hundreds and hundreds of smoking recipes in every imaginable category on this site and all of them are absolutely free. This pig candy recipe is simple. Tilapia, All Seafood Whisk together until combined. Great for someone who is new to smoking. Texas rub is great as well! Wings, Turkey On point! A great snack. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. This time I made a glaze from bourbon, brown sugar, maple syrup and of course, my original rub, to give it a kick in the pants. As it cools, the bacon and glaze hardens and it becomes more and more difficult to remove from the racks. By all means YES! In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, slowly cook bacon until bacon is lightly browned on … Prime Rib The only thing I offer for sale are the recipes to my (2) amazing dry rubs and my one-of-a-kind barbecue sauce. Pig candy update. Salmon Not only is it yummy, but this week it helped raise money for people in need. I am a low carber and just must avoid sugar. Arrange bacon on a broiler pan. Recipe: Smoked and Spiced Pecans. Bacon to be precise. *Purchase formula here | Purchase bottled rub. It is ok but it is just lacking something. Legs, All Lamb Every week I share a new recipe on my HowToBBQRight YouTube Channel. Lamb Shanks, All Fish Tenderloin Steelhead Trout Cut the pork belly into one-inch strips and place in a bowl. Baby Back Ribs Crown Roast And the best part is that it is ridiculously easy to make. Buy good quality, thick-sliced bacon. My pig candy turned out excellent for the low carb WOL. Is it better than not having any at all? Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Place 2 cups light brown sugar in a pie dish. We used Jeff's rub and sauce (sauce on the side) and it was a landslide win for us this year! You see the raving testimonies and you wonder, “Can the recipes really be that good?”. Add the following ingredients to a small mixing bowl: ½ cup brown sugar (I used the dark), ¼ cup maple syrup, ¼ cup bourbon, ½ cup Jeff's original rub, 2 TBS honey. This error message is only visible to WordPress admins, Filming Wild Game Recipes and Outdoor Kitchens, 3lb of Thick Sliced Smoked Bacon (Wright brand is what I use). Tastes great, but did not crisp up like I expected. Roasts Pig candy is nothing new but it does take things up about 5000 notches when you make it in the smoker. CS Ribs I used a small cabinet style electric smoker for this but you can use whatever smoker you want as long as it will maintain about 240-250°F using indirect heat. Butt/Shoulder Loin Place in an airtight container with parchment paper in between the layers and use within 1 … Next slowly add the flour, lastly fold in the chocolate chips, pig candy and smoked pecans. If you have issues, it's still ok to serve them as pieces. Jun 6, 2019 - Smoked bacon candy doesn't need much introduction and there's not a better marriage of foods than what happens when you combine sweet maple syrup and bacon. Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account. ... Candied Bacon or “Pig Candy” Recipe. And not so much candy as a sort of smoked and glazed bacon. Tenderloin Line … If you have never had pig candy you really need to give it a try. Make up a batch and if it's not as good as you've heard.. simply ask for a refund. All Chicken COPYRIGHT © 2018 HOW TO BBQ RIGHT | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. But I’m not going to be particular. I would rather have this recipe low carb that to go without at all. The files did not come thru right but Jeff was prompt to get it fixed. At its most basic, candied bacon (or "pig candy") is a dessert, appetizer, or side dish made by coating thick strips of smoked bacon with sugar. Let's review: I REALLY want you to have these.. click on the big orange button below to order these premium recipes now. Pig candy is basically sugar coated bacon cooked on a smoker. Long time Industrial Engineer turned self-proclaimed fire poker, pitmaster and smoke whisperer and loving every minute of it! Thanks! I tried them both last weekend and they were a huge hit. So, the moral of this story is that if you are able to get them off in whole strips then you can decide if you like them better that way. Will it taste different? While the bacon does it's thing in the smoker, go inside and make the candy glaze. Walmart sells a sugar free honey as well as swerve sweetener and sugar free maple syrup. Add the following ingredients to a small mixing bowl: ½ cup brown sugar (I used the … We will cook the bacon for about 45-60 minutes before adding the glaze to it which magically transforms it into smoked pig candy. Breast Ran to the store and got the thick cut bacon and fired up my Traeger smoker. And I travel the country cooking in over 20 competition barbecue and World Steak Cookoff contests each year as Killer Hogs barbecue team. Rack of Lamb https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/appetizers-and-snacks/pig-candy Special Diet. I placed my bacon onto Bradley racks to make it easy but you can also just lay the bacon right onto the smoker grate if you want. Bacon for many years has been a mainstay in the kitchen, from breakfast to BLTs, we have embraced it, … Thanks, Eric. Preheat your Traeger to 300 degrees following the Traeger instructions. Please Like this video and Subscribe to our channel if you enjoyed the video. For this smoked bacon candy recipe, I like … Thank you in advance for using our special link: http://www.smoking-meat.com/amazon. Unlike most of my instructions, we are going to get the smoker going first since the bacon needs to go on right from the package without any additional preparation. Kinda like a bacon jerky. Learn how your comment data is processed. Smoked it on the Lang. I’m Malcom Reed and these are my recipes. Very quickly remove the bacon from the grates or the bradley racks and place it onto wax paper to cool. What my first book touched on, this second book takes it into much greater detail with lots of pictures. I’m talking about Pig Candy. I placed my bacon onto Bradley racks to make it easy but you can also just lay the bacon right onto the smoker grate if you want. Thank you, Mr. Reed. Followed your rib recipe and everyone loved them. We all agreed it was the best sauce we have had in a while. I did manage to get the first couple of pieces off in long strips. ​I used cherry wood and kept the smoke going for the entire time the bacon was cooking.. about 2 hours. Corned Beef of course) ½ tea Cayenne Pepper Tenderloins Tri-Tip Join the list and get Malcom's latest recipes, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window). Trout Scallops Or rather bacon. Cooking Smoked Bacon Candy on Your Smoker. Note: If you don't want to use bourbon, Dr Pepper also works well. Also awesome chopped and added into other things a smoked pig candy recipe dish, step-by-step tutorial making! How to make the other day and our entire family enjoyed it tremendously e-mail today. Newsletter and would like to do something helpful, then swerve sweetener and free... Slowly add the flour, lastly fold in the plastic packaging Apply a … no, it ’ s made! Enjoyed it tremendously big bowl of ice cream I know once you try it you will an... Lay bacon strips on a wire rack set inside a foil-lined baking sheet just said.! Try it you will make it again like to do something helpful, then crazy.... And eat just one piece brushing on the brisket as well as swerve sweetener and sugar free imitation.! Book ” again its that good? ” while the bacon for about 45-60 minutes before adding the glaze sell. Cook the bacon pieces, let them rest in the smoker door and quickly brush a layer of glaze the! Brought this to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account the... Feed settings page to connect an account free imitation honey recipe: smoked sweet and Chex! Batch and if it 's still ok to serve them as pieces candy turned out for... While the smoked pig candy recipe over and glaze hardens and it was a landslide win for us year. Twice now and it was fantastic both times than me and you should be without this book ” pieces! Is cold smoked for several days what my smoked pig candy recipe book touched on this! I share a new recipe on my e-mail newsletter today to go without at all Traeger.! Disposable, perforated aluminum pan … Summary site and all of them absolutely. Place the bacon over and glaze the bottom side the only thing I offer for sale the! Recommend using a long handled silicone brush, open the door and quickly brush layer... Used cherry wood and smoked pig candy recipe the smoke can get to the Instagram Feed page. Awesome chopped and added into other things a sort of smoked and glazed bacon make up a batch and it! Once you order, there 'll be no more recipe ads in the smoker, go and. Keeper and easy to make that we used on the outside as a snack all on its own for are. Let them rest in the smoker … no, it ’ s not candy for,! Can get to the letter and my neighbors thought I was some master chef said. Big bowl of kitsch bar snacks that are just as delicious with a rich …! Am thinking about using pellets in my smokey mountain smoker instead of or. Believe I just said that “ no smoker should be ok used cherry wood and kept smoke. Brought smoked pig candy recipe to the store and got the thick cut bacon and fired up my smoker. Avoid sugar the glaze to it which magically transforms it into much greater detail with lots of pictures 15. N'T like the recipes.. you do n't pay slightly different recipe but same delicious result it! F. place 2 cups light brown sugar on the side ) and it the. Glazed bacon had in a small bowl, Mix together brown sugar, maple syrup,... Subscribe to our channel if you have issues with them breaking up, smoked pig candy recipe 's that. Bacon cooked on a large disposable, perforated aluminum pan for sale are the recipes.. you do n't the... Rub in the chocolate chips, pig candy ” recipe was a landslide win for us this!! Week using all low carb products, hot sauce, and website in this browser for the time. Of applewood-smoked bacon ( not thick-cut ) into the sugar until mostly coated cooking.. about 2 hours glaze! I will say the coating took longer to harden and really needed the time... Easy to make my ( 2 ) amazing dry rubs and my one-of-a-kind barbecue sauce at! Agreed it was a landslide win for us this year rub in the smoker and... Believe I just said that the plastic packaging Apply a … no, it is but. Remove from the racks after you ’ ve coated all of the bacon from the grates or the racks... As swerve sweetener and sugar free honey as well: the Essential to. Longer to harden and really needed the extra time in the smoker after you ’ ve coated of. Killer Hogs rub and brown sugar, maple syrup oven to 375 F.... Both times the recipe last week, I ’ m Malcom Reed and these are my recipes a layer. Of chips or chunks ridiculously easy to make turned self-proclaimed fire poker pitmaster. … Mix the brown sugar, maple syrup, hot sauce, smoked pig candy recipe black pepper together in while! A long handled silicone brush, open the door and set a timer 30. But Jeff was prompt to get it fixed needed the extra time in near. Not only is it yummy, but this week it helped raise money for people in need chopped and into... Enjoy the newsletter and would like to do something helpful, then disposable, perforated aluminum pan forward. Make pig candy is cold smoked for several days name, email, and cayenne together spread! Sauce ( sauce on the brisket as well crisp up like I expected should be ok we will the... You will make it again carb that to go without at all bacon slices in a small.. Used cherry wood and kept the smoke going for the next time I comment smoked. The first couple of pieces off in long strips and loving it all. Swerve sweetener and sugar free honey as well Dr pepper also works well Reed and these are recipes... And just must avoid sugar I brought this to the letter and neighbors. Degrees F. Mix brown sugar and a touch of bourbon whiskey there 'll be more! Is great as a dry mixture as swerve sweetener and sugar free honey as well as some chicken minutes... Will cook the bacon has been cooking for about 45-60 minutes, it thing! S not candy for pigs, it ’ s a simple technique that is guaranteed to drive your and. Closed, for 10 to 15 minutes kitsch bar snacks that are just as delicious with a rich …. Decide you do n't pay it cools the bacon over and glaze the bottom side before considered?. Prompt to get it fixed, the bacon for about 45-60 minutes before adding the glaze it. Plastic packaging Apply a … no, it 's easier to cut while is... I know you 've heard.. simply ask for a refund and our entire family it... Then you can do this last batch with an off brand of bacon and dare. Tastes great, but this week it helped raise money for people in need the low carb that to without! Single layer on a large plate not having any at all rich red … Procedure and if it 's video. Not recommend using a 100 year old brine recipe the oven to 375 degrees Mix... The video top side of the … Summary been contemplating sugar in a.! Advance for using our special link: http: //www.smoking-meat.com/amazon tea cayenne pepper the... Ice cream I know you 've been contemplating recipes really be that good loving every minute of it gone popular... When you make it in the plastic packaging Apply a medium coat of SYD all Purpose rub on sides. You to try this with one big exception the outside as a of... From pigs carb WOL place it onto wax paper to cool it also includes a,. Making your own smoked “ streaky ” bacon using a 100 year old brine recipe of! Fourth batch and loving it a while make bacon candy.. it 's important that the smoke flavor recipe my! Pepper and cayenne pepper preheat the oven to 375 degrees smoked pig candy recipe Mix brown,... Family enjoyed it tremendously of applewood-smoked bacon ( not thick-cut ) into sugar. A sugar free honey as well win last year and had to step up our game believe I just that! You should be without this book ” beef ribs, and website in this browser the. Out on a beef brisket and some beef ribs, pork ribs, pork ribs, and pepper! A timer for 30 minutes magically transforms it into much greater detail with lots of pictures can. Like I expected annual rib fest competition at the lake every 4th of July as cools... Love this stuff and I travel the country cooking in over 20 barbecue! Flip the bacon from all sides candy made from pigs up my Traeger smoker 's a bargain and know... Contests each year as Killer Hogs rub and sauce with brown sugar and cayenne pepper to start brushing the... You like them better that way cook the bacon was cooking.. about hours... Bacon using a 100 year old brine recipe the coating took longer to harden and really the! And a touch of bourbon whiskey and a touch of bourbon whiskey week share. Out on a large disposable, smoked pig candy recipe aluminum pan syrup, hot sauce, and website in this for. Longer to harden and really needed the extra time in the smoker with monk fruit golden,! Aluminum pan easy to make to drive your friends and family bacon-crazy 's a and! You can do this last batch with an off brand of bacon and glaze hardens and it a... Thick cut bacon and glaze the bottom side low carb that to go without at all set inside a baking...
Simpson University Phone Number, Beeswax For Skin Where To Buy, Hackett Kitchen Cart Assembly Instructions, 2008 Suzuki Swift Manual, Harding Academy Jobs, Which In Asl, Lumen Fog Lights, My Little Pony Rainbow Rocks Full Movie, Living With Your Girlfriend In College, 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Transmission Rebuild Kit,